I'm still here and I have been stamping...I just can't show you what I've been doing! I'm working on a Control Freak swap (which I can't post for a few more weeks), two convention swaps (again, I can't post them until convention time), and a top secret project for a friend of mine that I will show you in a few weeks. I'm having a lot of fun stamping, I just wish I could share it all with you now.
I recently went through my stamp room and I was astonished by the amount of stuff I have accumulated over the years. I need to use this stuff up and move it out of here. One of the items I came across were these die-cut flowers that Stampin' Up! sold a while ago. I started piecing them together and I made all of these flowers.
I had lots of flower pieces left over too! In case you're wondering, the white flower in the top left corner was a Rub-on that fit perfectly on one of the flowers. I decided to make the flowers into cards.
These were very easy to make. The scalloped edge was made using the largest die from the Apothecary Accents Framelits. I only wanted to cut the bottom edge of the card front so I slid my cardstock through the die like this.
As you can see, the die is centered left to right. Do NOT run this completely through the big shot or the second side of the die (the piece hidden underneath the cardstock) will leave an impression on the front of the card. Instead, feed the cardstock and die through the Big Shot about an inch or two and then stop. Then reverse the direction you are turning the handle and bring it back out of the machine. Run it in an inch or two and then back it out. That will give you the nice scalloped edge.
Next, I took a scrap piece of cardstock (about 1 1/2" wide) and added adhesive across the top. I also added adhesive along the inside of the card along the scalloped edge. I lined up the scrap of cardstock along the bottom edge of the inside of the card as shown in the photo above.
Next, I folded down the front of the card and adhere the scrap cardstock in place. I trimmed off the excess, added some ribbon and the flower (popped up on dimensionals), and it's done!
If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks for stopping by!
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Accessories: Ribbon, Dimensionals
Big Shot: Apothecary Accents Framelits